HEALTH / LEMON WATER – 10 REASONS TO DRINK IT
Here are the top 10 benefits of drinking lemon water. After reading this, hopefully, you will want make it a regular habit. Check them out:
1. Boosts your immune system: Lemons are high in vitamin C and potassium, which stimulates brain and nerve function. Potassium also helps control blood pressure.
2. Balances pH: Lemon is one of the most alkaline foods around. Yes, lemon has citric acid but it does not create acidity in the body once metabolized, so, you’ll reduce your body’s overall acidity.
3. Helps with weight loss: To fight hunger cravings maintain a more alkaline diet, this is because lemons are high in pectin fiber.
4. Aids digestion: It encourages the liver to produce bile which is an acid that required for digestion, which reduces heartburn and constipation.
5. Is a diuretic: Lemons increase the rate of urination in the body, which helps purify it from toxins, therefore, helps keep your urinary tract healthy.
6. Clears skin: Lemon water purges toxins from the blood which helps keep skin clear as well, this is thanks to the vitamin C component helps decrease wrinkles and blemishes.
7. Freshens breath: The citric acid can erode tooth enamel, so it can help relieve tooth pain and gingivitis.
8. Relieves respiratory problems: Warm lemon water helps get rid of chest infections and halt those pesky coughs.
9. Keeps you zen: Vitamin C is one of the first things depleted when you subject your mind and body to stress.
10. Helps kick the coffee habit: Normally after a glass of hot lemon water, you don’t crave coffee in the morning.
Try it yourself!
- Benefits Of Drinking Warm Lemon Water (jewelair.wordpress.com)
- Why You Should Drink Warm Water & Lemon (noliesradio.org)
- Benefits Of Drinking Warm Lemon Water (carolineboyce.wordpress.com)
- 8 Reasons to Start Your Day With Warm Lemon Water (ladylux.com)
- How to Create a Grocery List for Healthy Teeth (topdentists.com)
- How to Prevent Tooth Erosion (topdentists.com)
- Sweet on Lemons… (donna4boca.wordpress.com)
- ‘Lemons’ anyone? (starttobehealthynow.wordpress.com)
- 13 Amazing Healing Powers of Lemons (stewartinnes.wordpress.com)