STRAWBERRIES: THEIR NUTRITIONAL BENEFITS.
• Since strawberries are rich in fiber, they help the body in absorbing nutrients.
• Strawberries are good for diabetics, as they help stabilize the level of blood glucose.
• Strawberries are said to help in regulating blood pressure and thus, diminishing the risk of heart disease.
• Strawberries have been associated with inhibiting the production of cholesterol in the liver.
• Strawberries have been known to help the body in getting rid of harmful toxins.
• The high antioxidant levels in strawberries can help the body neutralize the destructive effects of free radicals.
• The potassium in strawberries helps regulate the electrolytes in the body, in turn lowering the risk of stroke.
• Freeze dried strawberries and strawberry extracts fight breast, cervical and esophageal cancers.
• Strawberry is rich in B-complex vitamins and a great amount of B-6, niacin, riboflavin, pantothenic acid and folic acid, which helps the body to metabolize proteins, fats and carbohydrates.
• A cup of strawberry contains 21% of manganese, a nutrient which is an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant agent. It fights oxidative stress and free radicals and reduces cellular inflammation which is a main cause of cardiovascular diseases.
• Manganese works great for bones, helping it in building and maintaining an appropriate body structure. The vitamin K, potassium and magnesium in manganese are good for bone.
• Strawberries are good for whitening the teeth as the acids contained in the fruit are said to remove the stains from the teeth. Cut a strawberry and rub it on the teeth and gums; this makes the gums powerful and removes tartar.
• You would be surprised to hear that strawberries are fat free which makes them perfect for a diet. One cup of strawberry contains only 0.6 grams of fat and therefore stimulates the metabolism and suppresses the hunger. It also enables the proper functioning of weight reducing hormones.
• Strawberries are rich in potassium which is a mineral that helps in regulating the electrolytes in the body.
Thus, strawberries reduce the risk of strokes and heart attacks. The fruit also contain folate, which plays an important role in the manufacturing of red blood cells.